Anglesey Restaurant, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1930s Print
Nice 1930s view of the Anglesey Restaurant at 1331 Hennepin Avenue in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Anglesey Restaurant/Cafe/Motor Lounge was named for an island off the northwest coast of Wales and apparently opened sometime in the late 1920s. Over the years the Anglesey added a stage and had live music. In the 1960s the Anglesey became the Pink Pussycat and featured live rock and roll music. The building was torn down around 1973, and the site is now home to Minneapolis Community College.
Image courtesy of LakesnWoods.com.