- Author Andrew Slade is a naturalist and North Shore expert, who has camped in over 25 states and 17 national parks.
- Slade scouted nearly 2000 campsites to research this book.
- This is an all-new second edition, updated to include the latest in how to pick and reserve a campsite. The new edition includes three new "best" campgrounds with great nearby activities and facilities.
- North Shore parks are adding internet connectivity, including Wi-Fi in campgrounds and park facilities. Campers say the availability of Wi-Fi allows them to extend their camping trips. This second edition covers the latest in Wi-Fi availability and cell coverage.
- Slade is the author of two additional North Shore guidebooks, Hiking the North Shore and Skiing the North Shore.
- Camping the North Shore features campgrounds found in eight state parks, the Superior National Forest, and Minnesota state forests, plus the best of the private and municipal campgrounds.
- The guidebook includes nearly 100 photographs and 35 detailed maps.
- In addition to campground information, Slade has included "S'More to See and Do," descriptions of fun activities near the campground, including bike trails, berry picking, authentic shopping, and family-friendly hikes. The featured campgrounds are not just a place to sleep but a great base camp for your North Shore adventures.
- Camping the North Shore includes essentials for complete trip planning: how to get a site, directions, facilities, fees, and contact information. Each featured campground description includes a map of the campground, so you know the layout before you arrive. When a campground takes reservations, Andrew recommends the best sites for you to reserve.
- The guidebook is written for all who love to camp and explore, from families with young kids to hardcore adventure seekers, and everyone in between.
- The book features 26 "best" campgrounds and describes 40 more-that's 66 campgrounds in all!
- Reviewers have called the book "very informative" and said, "I loved every page." The book "led us to places we normally would not have known about," said one reviewer.
- For just $16.95, you'll enjoy years of outdoor adventures while exploring new parts of the North Shore, during weekends, special trips, and family adventures.
- With the several excellent free campsites included in this book, you'll save the cost of this book with one night's camping.
Camping the North Shore: A Guide to the Best Campgrounds in Minnesota's Spectacular Lake Superior Region (There & Back Guides)
Your guide to Minnesota’s best places to camp!
Unpack the best tips for a great North Shore vacation. Naturalist and outdoors expert Andrew Slade scouted nearly two thousand campsites in this spectacular region, seeking unique experiences and beautiful places to camp. Camping the North Shore not only guides you to the best of the best, it gives you fun activities and adventures for each location, complete with detailed maps and dozens of photographs. This guidebook will help you enjoy Lake Superior views, catch a nice fish, relax in peace and quiet, and find an ideal base camp to boat, hike, or even shop on the North Shore. For RV and tent campers, seasoned experts, and those new to camping, find your perfect place on the North Shore. From Jay Cooke State Park to the Gunflint Trail, from convenient campgrounds in town to wilderness campgrounds on the edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, this guidebook features 26 “best” North Shore campgrounds and describes 40 more―that’s 66 campgrounds in all.
Contributor(s): Slade, Andrew (Author)
ISBN: 0979467543 EAN: 9780979467547
Publisher: There and Back Books
Pub Date: April 30, 2019