Homewood Theatre at Plymouth and Morgan in Minneapolis Minnesota 1950 Classic Matte Paper Wooden Framed Poster
The Homewood Theatre was opened October 25, 1924, at 1919 Plymouth Avenue North in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for S. G. Lebedoff, and sat about 1,200. It originally housed a Wurlitzer organ and a live orchestra accompanied the opening film, “The Woman on the Jury”. When Finkelstein & Ruben acquired the Homewood Theatre in the late-1920’s, they thoroughly remodeled it at a cost of around $25,000, turning the auditorium’s decor Atmospheric, with arched “windows” on the sidewalls, each with its own view of the “courtyards” painted within. The Homewood Theatre began showing sound films in 1928.
In 1953, the theatre closed and was thereafter used as a furniture auction house. After almost a decade, new owners purchased the old theatre and attempted to bring it back to life with a mix of movies and live stage acts, with Peter Nero appearing on opening night. However, this venture was not successful, and the theatre closed within the year. It has since been torn down.
Shown is an event for the opening of the movie "Francis" in 1950.
Framed poster with museum-quality paper and a beautiful frame.
- 170 gsm / 65 lb matte (uncoated) paper
- Lightweight 1-2 cm (0.4-0.8") thick frame
- Shatterproof, transparent plexiglass.
- Includes hanging kit, to hang in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- For indoor use
The frame and poster are delivered together. The poster needs to be mounted by the end recipient.